Have you been on holiday this summer? You might be getting ready to go back to school or college or a even group you haven’t been to for a while. If you have been away from somewhere for a little while you may feel a bit worried to start again.
You may feel worried about:
- a new class or timetable
- upcoming school work and assessments
- seeing friends again
- being bullied
- what school will be like when you go back
- something else
What can I do to help me?
- talk to a teacher, parent or carer about your worries or write them down in a journal
- get prepared – get your uniform and books together the night before
- remember exams are not everything – focus on being who you are and doing the best you can
- look after your wellbeing
- reach out for support if you are being bullied
Take things one day at a time and know that it’s common to feel a bit worried when you are going back to school after a break.
You can do it!