On this page we cover the following:
What is anger?
Everyone has days when they feel angry or frustrated.
This video from Young Minds ‘Talking about Anger’ asks several people what anger feels like to them, and how they manage it.
We all get short bursts of anger or feel frustrated, but if these feelings are there all the time and you find yourself losing control or taking your anger or frustration out on others, there are simple things you can do to stay calm and manage these feelings.
For reducing feelings of anger or frustration
- Distract yourself – Take deep breaths, count to 10, listen to some music, have a cold shower or do something creative.
- Channel this energy into doing some exercise, a sport, or just walk it off.
- Find a solution. Write down what you’re feeling and what your options are to find a solution to the problem or issue.
- ‘Food is Mood’ – eat regularly and healthily.
- Get more sleep – go to bed and get up at regular times.
- Talk to someone – someone that you trust.
Where can I get support?
You can talk to someone and get support from the following places:
- Young Minds – Struggling with anger page
- Childline – Coping with your anger page and toolbox
- On My Mind – Selfcare page for things you can do to improve your mood
Useful Wellbeing Apps
Go to our ‘Useful Apps’ page
Page updated on March 24th, 2023 at 06:37pm