Have you considered gaining work experience by volunteering?
Did you know…volunteers have a 27% better chance of finding a job after being out of work than non-volunteers. You’ll also gain new skills, meet new people and gain invaluable experience.
“How can I gain some experience?”
Why not volunteer? It can be very rewarding and is a great way to:
- Meet new people.
- Learn something and gain new skills.
- Get valuable experience and improve your CV.
- Make a difference to your community.
- Have fun and maybe get involved in something relating to one of your interests.
- Improve your confidence and wellbeing.
- Set yourself a new challenge maybe in the summer holiday, or as a gap year.
If there is an organisation you are interested in check their website for volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteer Suffolk is a really good place to start thinking about volunteering and searching for options near you. Watch the how to video to get you started.
- DofE – The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is a chance to learn lifelong skills. Ask your school or college
- Volunteering Matters is a leading UK charity with local offices in Ipswich that provides projects and volunteering opportunities
- Volunteering advice | National Careers Service
- From volunteer to career: how giving your time could win your dream job – BBC Bitesize
- Do-it allows you to search different types of volunteering opportunities locally or further afield
- Join in one of our groups, like the Youth Parliament
- National Citizen Service (NCS)
Page updated on September 13th, 2023 at 09:08pm