What is body image?
If we have negative feelings about the way our body looks this can affect our health and wellbeing, eating and relationships.
How to feel happy about our bodies
How to improve body positivity:
- Be kind to yours and other peoples bodies.
- Understand that bodies come in all shapes and sizes – nobody has a perfect body
- Look in the mirror and focus on the positive things you like about your body
- Appreciate the amazing functionality of your body
- Look at body hero’s like Olympians and sportsman who are not perceived as body idols like celebrities for the way they look, but are successful athletes.
Body image activity:
If you have a friend or family member who is struggling with their body image, get them to do this activity.
- Write down the names of 3 people you love.
- Write down what you love about them.
- How many of these things that you love about them are to do with the way their body looks?
This activity helps us to see that we are not defined by our bodies. We like and care about our friends, our family, the people we connect with for many reasons other then how their body looks. We like them because of all their amazing personal and individual qualities. Therefore be kind to yourself, and always remember “YOU ARE MUCH MORE THAN YOUR BODY”
Find more Body Image advice at: www.bodyhappyorg.com
Page updated on March 24th, 2023 at 12:27pm