“As a young parent where can I find local support services?”
The below information and advice is for young parents in Suffolk, to help them find advice and support about childcare, benefits and learning.
Childcare and parenting advice and support:
- Check if your two year old can get 15 hours of free childcare each week. Apply online for 2 year old childcare funding.
- Find children’s centres, day nurseries, parent support groups, childminders and more at the Family Information Service.
- Visit the Suffolk Parent Hub.
- Home-Start in Suffolk provide friendly family support, information and play ideas.
- Start4Life is run by the NHS and give helpful and reliable information on pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Work out what benefits you could claim by using the Gingerbread website’s benefits calculator.
Money to help stay in learning
You may be able to apply for financial help from the government 16 – 19 bursary fund. This is up to £1200 available for young people on income support to pay for the costs of staying in learning. Find out more about the 16 – 19 bursary fund.
Care to Learn
Young parents under the age of 20 can claim up to £160 per child per week towards childcare and travel while they continue in learning.
- Call the Learner Support Helpline on 0800 121 8989 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the Care to Learn website
Page updated on March 22nd, 2023 at 09:22am