“As a young parent where can I find local support services?”
The below information and advice is for young parents in Suffolk, to help them find advice and support about childcare, benefits and learning.
Childcare and parenting advice and support:
- Check if your two year old can get 15 hours of free childcare each week. Apply online for 2 year old childcare funding.
- Find children’s centres, day nurseries, parent support groups, childminders and more at the Family Information Service.
- Visit the Suffolk Parent Hub.
- Home-Start in Suffolk provide friendly family support, information and play ideas.
- Start4Life is run by the NHS and give helpful and reliable information on pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Work out what benefits you could claim by using the Gingerbread website’s benefits calculator.
Money to help stay in learning
You may be able to apply for financial help from the government 16 – 19 bursary fund. This is up to £1200 available for young people on income support to pay for the costs of staying in learning. Find out more about the 16 – 19 bursary fund.
Care to Learn
Young parents under the age of 20 can claim up to £160 per child per week towards childcare and travel while they continue in learning.
Future Female Society – More than Mum | futurefemalesociety
As rewarding as being a mum can be, we often lose confidence and struggle to think about what else there is, or can be to life.
This programme for young mums helps build self belief, develop skills and introduce networks that can help you to work out your next steps. Be that employment, education, enterprise, training, volunteering etc.
If this interests you and you would like more information on our FREE programme, visit the website.
Page updated on August 30th, 2023 at 10:43am