“Is it worth stopping?“
The short answer is YES! Now is the perfect time to quit.
Reasons to quit smoking or vaping:
- Save money – why not put it towards something you really want
- You’ll quickly notice you’re breathing easier and feeling better when you stop. The NHS One You website shows what happens when you quit
- Enjoy the taste of food more
- Have more energy and less stress
- Helps save the planet – tobacco production accounts for nearly 5% of overall deforestation in the developing world!
- Reduce litter – cigarette butts and e-cigarettes cause significant litter and damage to marine life. For details see the Keep Britain Tidy website #BinTheButt campaign
Where can I find help to quit?
- Order a free quit kit – (if you are 18+) through your local pharmacy to help increase your chances of quitting.
- Get some great tips to help you quit from the NHS website.
You’re more likely to stop smoking with the right support.
In 4 easy steps, the Personal Quit Plan tool from Better Health can help you quickly find the combination that’s right for you. Give up for 28 days, and you’re 5 times more likely to quit smoking for good!
Please note: Feel Good Suffolk are now providing local quit smoking services instead of One Life Suffolk which the tool directs you to.
Vaping and e-cigarettes
Vaping and e-cigarettes were once advertised as a ‘risk free’ alternative to cigarettes but this idea is now changing.
The health effects of vaping and e-cigarettes are less known but…
- they still contain nicotine which is highly addictive and other chemicals with unknown side effects
- like cigarettes they can cause as bad breath, ulcers, soreness in some areas and a dry mouth (leading to tooth decay).
- some illegal vapes contain high levels of chemicals such as lead, nickel and chromium
Vaping and e-cigarettes The legal vaping age in the UK is 18. You must be 18 years of age to purchase e-cigarettes or e-liquids from any UK vape shop or online store.
Page updated on February 16th, 2024 at 02:43pm