“Is it worth stopping?“
The short answer is YES! Now is the perfect time to quit.
Reasons to quit smoking:
- Save money – why not put it towards something you really want
- You’ll quickly notice you’re breathing easier and feeling better when you stop. The NHS One You website shows what happens when you quit
- Enjoy the taste of food more
- Have more energy and less stress
- Helps save the planet – tobacco production accounts for nearly 5% of overall deforestation in the developing world!
- Reduce litter – cigarette butt cause significant damage to marine life. For details see the Keep Britain Tidy website #BinTheButt campaign
Where can I find help to quit?
- Talk to your school nurse. Text a Suffolk school nurse on 07507 333356. For more details see our ChatHealth page
- Order a free quit kit – through your local pharmacy to help increase your chances of quitting.
- Get some great tips to help you quit from the NHS website.
- Get support from the OneLife Suffolk Stop Smoking service.
You’re more likely to stop smoking with the right support. In 4 easy steps, the Personal Quit Plan tool from Better Health can help you quickly find the combination that’s right for you. Give up for 28 days, and you’re 5 times more likely to quit smoking for good.
Vaping and e-cigarettes
The health effects of vaping and e-cigarettes are less known but you should be careful as they contain nicotine which is highly addictive.
Vaping and e-cigarettes The legal vaping age in the UK is 18. You must be 18 years of age to purchase e-cigarettes or e-liquids from any UK vape shop or online store.
Page updated on March 20th, 2023 at 09:49am