Get emotional wellbeing support from the Emotional Wellbeing Hub
What is the Emotional Wellbeing Hub?
The Emotional Wellbeing Hub is a free service for anyone under 25 years of age, who are living in East and West Suffolk, to get support if they are worried about their emotional health.
If you live in Lowestoft and Waveney you need to contact the Ormiston Families Point 1 Service instead, which provides the same service as the Hub for this area. Visit Point-1.org.uk
How can the Hub help you?
The Hub can help you and your friends with any emotional wellbeing concerns that you might have. These could include:
- Low mood and depression
- Eating disorders
The Emotional Wellbeing Hub provides:
- A helpline for information, advice and support about emotional wellbeing issues.
- An online referral form to access support services.
- A team of emotional wellbeing experts to help you find the best way forward if you need emotional wellbeing and mental health support.
How to contact the Hub
- Phone the helpline - Call 0345 600 2090, open Monday to Friday 8am – 7.30pm. Please note the Hub is not a crisis helpline.
- Make an online referral to the Emotional Wellbeing Hub - You can give as little or as much information on the form but make sure you provide your contact details so they can get in touch with you.
Once you have made a referral an Emotional Wellbeing Hub Practitioner will contact you to discuss the information you have provided and the support you need.
(If you need help making an online referral, please call the Hub helpline.)
If it is an emergency you should:
- Call 999
- Contact the Samaritans - You can talk to them about Whatever you are going through. Free any time, call 116 123. Visit samaritans.org
- Contact the First Response is a 24/7 helpline on 0808 196 3494. First Response helps anyone of any age experiencing mental health difficulties.
Other emotional wellbeing support services
You might like to access free and confidential support from these other services:
- Kooth - Is a free, safe and confidential online emotional wellbeing service for 11-25 year olds in Suffolk, where you can find someone to talk to when you need it. Read more about the service on our Kooth page or visit their website www.kooth.com
- ChatHealth - school nursing team - ChatHealth lets you text a Suffolk school nurse to ask for confidential help and advice on all kinds of health issues. You may prefer to contact a school nurse to see if they can help answer any concerns by sending a text to: 07507 333356. Find out more on our ChatHealth page
- Suffolk Wellbeing Service - Provides a range of support for common emotional wellbeing issues, such as low mood, depression or stress. Call 0300 123 1503 or wellbeingnands.co.uk
- Moodwise - Is a website for 16- 25 year olds which has tools and resources to help you find things to make you feel better. Go to: moodwise.co.uk
- Young Minds 24/7 Crisis Text Messaging Service - If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need support, you can text YM to 85258. Go to: Youngminds.org.uk
- Papryus (Hopeline) - Young suicide prevention. Call: 0800 068 4141 Go to: Papyrus-uk.org/hopelineuk
- CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) - Male suicide prevention charity - for men and boys who need to talk or find support. Call: 0800 58 58 58. Go to: thecalmzone.net