Kooth - Need someone to talk to?
What is Kooth?
Kooth is a free, safe and anonymous online chat and emotional wellbeing service for young people aged 11 to 25, across Suffolk.
Kooth is here for you when you need someone to talk to.
If you are going through a hard time and you are not sure who to speak to, login to Kooth. You will find friendly councillors who can help you talk through your problems and help you with anything that's on your mind. This could be about bullying, relationships, work life difficulties, money worries, problems at home, coping with stress, anxiety or grief from losing someone.
Who can use Kooth?
- Young people 11-25 years old
Young people who live anywhere in Suffolk
What are the benefits of using Kooth?
- It's free, safe and confidential
- You can access this service anonymously
- You can book virtual chat sessions with qualified counsellors and therapists.
- There are no referrals or waiting lists to access this service - you immediately receive support
- You can write in a daily journal and track your goals to reflect your thoughts and feelings
- Read and browse through self-help articles for advice on any topic
- Get peer-to-peer support and share your experiences with other Kooth members via their live online forums.
Watch the video above to find out how Kooth can help support you.
When can I contact Kooth?
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Noon until 10pm weekdays and from 6pm until 10pm on Saturday and Sundays - they also provide an out-of-hours service.
- Please note there are reduced hours over holidays like Christmas, New Years and Bank holidays
To start using Kooth, go to: www.kooth.com
You will need to click 'join' to register for an account, before you can take a look around.